Bucket collection volunteer
Why we need you?
Leukaemia UK is the UK’s leading leukaemia research and care charity, dedicated to discovering better treatments and ultimately a cure for leukaemia and other blood cancers.
Bucket collections are not only a great way to raise much needed funds for the charity, but they also help us reach a wide number of people who have never heard of us before.
What will you be doing?
You will be joining our team at London’s central tube stations, holding a collection bucket and engaging with the public to secure donations. On the day you will be representing the charity in a friendly and approachable manner.
What skills are required?
- A confident and positive attitude
- A willingness to engage with the public
- Reliability and punctuality
When and where?
We have a range of collections throughout the year and usually ask for 2 to 3 hours of your time.
What support will you receive?
- A full brief and induction prior to the event
- A contact at Leukaemia UK who will be with you on the day
- A collection bucket and/or an iZettle machine to collect contactless card payments
- A t-shirt and charity bag (for your belongings) for on the day and to keep as a memento
What we offer you
- We will provide a hot drink, pastries and water for all morning collections
- We can provide references either for potential employers or for your LinkedIn profile
- For student bursaries we will complete volunteering forms