Donate through your salary
Donating through your salary every month will help Leukaemia UK fund life-changing research to stop leukaemia devastating lives.
Funding world-class research requires ongoing funding. By donating a small amount through your salary every month, you will be helping to fund the research that matters most to people living with leukaemia.
How does donating through your salary work?
By giving through your monthly salary, you can donate on an easy, regular and tax-free basis. This helps provide us with a steady income, meaning we can ensure our research reaches its full potential.
The money gets deducted from your gross pay before tax, so every £1 you give will only cost you 80p, or only 60p if you are a higher rate tax payer – and it is quick to set up. Once you have set it up, the donation will be taken automatically.
Photo credit (above): Jeff Moore
If you donate £5.00 to Leukaemia UK –
The cost to you as a 20% taxpayer is £4.00
The cost to you as a 40% taxpayer is £3.00
If you donate £7.50 to Leukaemia UK –
The cost to you as a 20% taxpayer is £6.00
The cost to you as a 40% taxpayer is £4.50
If you donate £10.00 to Leukaemia UK –
The cost to you as a 20% taxpayer is £8.00
The cost to you as a 40% taxpayer is £6.00
- We can ensure that people with leukaemia are benefitting from the progress in research.
- Joining is easy because all the administration is handled by your employer.
- Some employers offer to match your donation, which enables Leukaemia UK to receive even more.
- Leukaemia UK can develop relationships with corporate organisations through payroll giving schemes.
- We will receive more of your donation as it is deducted before tax .
Your kind support will help us to continue doing our important work with families and individuals affected by leukaemia.
How are your donations used?
By supporting us you will be helping us to find and fund the research that matters most to the people whose lives are impacted by leukaemia, and target the areas where progress is most urgently needed.
- £10 could help develop kinder treatments for Acute Myeloid Leukaemia, by targeting just the cancer cells and leaving the healthy cells intact.
- £20 could help investigate how T cells develop in Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia, leading to more personalised treatments.
- £50 could help understand the genetic differences in Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia in different age groups to improve treatments.