Event Terms & Conditions
By applying for a Leukaemia UK charity place at an event organised by a third party (an ‘Event’), you accept and agree to abide by the following terms:
Your Charity Place
- Leukaemia UK only has a limited number of places for each Event, and therefore no guarantees can be given that your application will be successful. We also reserve the right to refuse any application at our absolute discretion, without providing reasons for doing so. We will contact you in due course to confirm the status of your application.
- If your application is successful, we will ensure that your place is reserved for that Event, but you will still be required to register with the Event organiser to confirm your place. We will provide you with further information about this at a later stage. Please note that failure to register with the Event organiser may result in your place being lost, but you will not be entitled to a refund in these circumstances if you have paid a fee for your place.
- If you are required to pay for a Leukaemia UK charity place as part of the application process, we regret that we are unable to refund any payment unless your application is unsuccessful, or your application is successful but the Event is subsequently cancelled.
- If you are granted a Leukaemia UK charity place, please note this place is non-transferable. Any attempt to transfer your place may result in this place being lost, but you will not be entitled to a refund if you have paid a fee for your place.
- In the event of being unable to participate due to injury or any other issue, you must let Leukaemia UK know as soon as possible so that your place may be cancelled. If you withdraw after the event entry deadline (which, unless otherwise communicated to you by Leukaemia UK, is the point at which you have completed your official registration with the event organisers) you may be held responsible for your fundraising commitment.
Participation in the Event
- If your application is successful you will be required to sign up to, and comply with, the Event organiser’s Event rules and/ or terms and conditions. Please read these carefully, as they will set out the Event organiser’s obligations and liabilities to you and vice versa.
- When taking part in an Event, we ask that you avoid behaving in any way which may cause offence or damage the reputation of Leukaemia UK, for example by using aggressive or abusive language, or by behaving in a way which may cause injury or harm to other participants and/or spectators. This also includes refraining from smoking tobacco products or e-cigarettes during or around the Event.
- Leukaemia UK reserves the right to ask you not to participate in the Event if Leukaemia UK, the Event organiser or their agents or representatives reasonably believes your participation in the Event could result in: harm to you, other participants or spectators; and/or damage to the reputation of Leukaemia UK.
- You understand that as Leukaemia UK is not the Event organiser it is not responsible for: any illness or injury resulting from your participation in the Event; or any loss or damage sustained by you as a result of the cancellation of the Event or any changes to the Event for any reason.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude Leukaemia UK’s liability in respect of death or personal injury sustained or a direct result of:
- the negligence, breach or statutory duty or fraudulent misrepresentation of Leukaemia UK, its agents or representatives; or
- a deliberate act or omission of Leukaemia UK, its agents or representatives.
- Each charity place at an Event represents an important and valuable source of fundraising for us. As we have made an investment to be able to offer places at Events, we therefore ask each applicant to pledge to raise a minimum level of sponsorship if they subsequently take part in an Event.
- You agree that all funds you raise in connection with the Event shall be raised using lawful methods and in compliance with any guidance provided by Leukaemia UK.
- Please note that all monies that you raise in connection with the Event are held on trust for Leukaemia UK, and therefore you have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received in connection with an Event are paid to us. We ask that you do this as soon as possible, but in any event within four weeks of the date of the Event.
- Events may be photographed or filmed for our use in print, press and online marketing. By attending the event you are giving consent for images of you and your supporters to appear in these, without payment. If you have any concerns or do not wish to be part of these materials, please contact Amy Machin on: 020 7299 0722 or firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of the event.
Health & Fitness for the Event
- You are satisfied that you are sufficiently fit and able to take part in the Event. This is the sole responsibility of you as the participant, and if you have any doubts, please refer to your GP.
- You understand that you participate in the Event at your own risk.
- If you are taking medication which could cause drowsiness, or other side effects please seek medical advice before agreeing to these terms and conditions.
- Leukaemia UK may vary these terms and conditions from time to time and the up to date terms and conditions shall be available on Leukaemia UK’s website.
- Any complaints should be communicated to Leukaemia UK’s representative at the Event or, if that is not possible, then in writing to Leukaemia UK using our Complaints Procedure.
Scottish Half Marathon: August 2024
Get ready for the ultimate running event, with the combination of flat roads and the most stunning views of the East Lothian Coast, what are you waiting for? The Scottish Half Marathon is seriously smooth & rapid – which is great for charity runners and those new to marathon running, but also a perfect event for those seasoned marathon runners looking to set a new personal best. The Scottish half marathon kicks off on the outskirts of Edinburgh and takes you…
Solihull Half Marathon: August 2024
Come and join us for the Solihull Half Marathon & 10k and join thousands of your fellow runners in chasing down a personal best along closed roads. Starting and finishing in Malvern Park, in Solihull town centre, take the unique opportunity to run a half marathon around the closed roads of Solihull. The event village and start line will be easily accessible for all by public transport. Sign Me Up! What you’ll get from Leukaemia UK Leukaemia UK running vest…
Quayside 5K: August 2024
Run around the flat, out-back course along the Newcastle-Gateshead Quayside and take the opportunity to go for a personal best. This event is hosted In partnership with Gateshead Harriers & AC. With over 800 entries in previous years, this is definitely an event to get involved in! As always with RunThrough, you will each get water & post race goodies on the day. Each kilometre is accurately marked out with distance flags and we have plenty of helpers to keep…